We value diverse native plant and animal populations. Healthy river systems in dynamic equilibrium with the lands they drain. Large and resilient blocks of forest land. Water and air free of contaminants. And more.
Protecting such vital ecological features is beyond the reach of our or any organization. But we must all try to do our part. BCCD focuses our work on “our” own little piece of our planet.
To provide a tangible contribution we work with a variety of partners, environmental engineers, and contractors to develop, design and implement conservation projects. Some of current and most recent projects include:
- Arlington Schools and Library Stormwater Design
- Trees for Streams Buffer Plantings in Rupert and North Bennington
- Winhall River Road stream corridor project development
- Bennington College Infiltration Basin project development
- Woodford Rt. 9 Infiltration Basin project development
- Forest Connectivity analysis and outreach in the Taconics
- Non-Native Invasive Species